Does vaping really cause popcorn lung?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Since you started vaping do you have shortness of breath?

• Not really sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i think i do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VapeBoxer

Administrator
Staff member

This is true
So i guess a lot of people in this tiny world are still worried about the infamous popcorn lung! Honestly, i would be too if i haven't already read about 15 studies so i could get the proof for myself.
So here is the cold hard truth. First off i will talk about this study that Harvard did in December of 2015. The study showed us that Diacetyl (say that 5 times fast) which is actually associated with P-Lung (popcorn lung) and it is present in certain kinds of juice.

So whats the good news?

The Harvard study was unable to establish a true link between vapes and popcorn lung. They also said that this type of possibility will have to be explored through more research.

So exactly where did all the popcorn lug originate from?
Sometime in august of 2016 there were a ton of these clickbait sites that actually used identical images with claims that this new study shows that there is proof that vapes are the leading cause of some incurable disease or unknown condition that is known as popcorn lung. The scientific name is (bronchiolitis obliterans). The condition is very real. Here is the description from a wiki. The full wiki can be found here.
Bronchiolitis obliterans (BO), informally known as popcorn lung, is a disease that results in obstruction of the smallest airways of the lungs (bronchioles) due to inflammation.[1] Symptoms include a dry cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, and feeling tired.[1] These symptoms generally get worse over weeks to months.[4] It is not related to organizing pneumonia.[4]
The images i spoke of earlier are below. This single image was used to spread the (fake) word about popcorn lung, but this is not a case of popcorn lung, it's another victim of the infamous vape explosion back in 2015, this is not caused by a disease.

upload_2018-3-22_18-5-21.png

Here is a small quote from vaping 360 about Diacetyl i thought was super interesting and also something every vaper out there should definitely know.

"Diacetyl is among the favorite topics for authors looking to scare away potential vapers. But the risks of vaping e-liquids that contain diacetyl are hard to pin down. We don’t know for sure that vaping diacetyl is dangerous at all — but it must be taken seriously because the results of breathing the chemical in powder form can be horrific.

There is a lot written on all of the potential dangers of vaping. But they remain largely theoretical. There just haven’t been any proven negative health outcomes from vaping — aside from minor irritation caused by dehydration or sensitivity to propylene glycol. Is diacetyl really something for vapers to worry about, or is it like ultra-fine particles, a non-issue cranked up by Stanton Glantz to frighten the public?"
"vaping360"
If you have any other information to add to this than cool, lets hear it.