Bywater Reserve

• Thread starter All The Flavors recipes
  • Start date
GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
A

All The Flavors recipes

This is a sweet potato rice pudding inspired by the Haitian and Cuban influences on New Orleans. Is it a stretch thematically? Absolutely. I wanted to do a NOLA inspired recipe but I wanted to stray from what would generally be expected and this is what I came up with. I'm not going to bore you with the details of the trip around the world my mind takes when I brainstorm so here's my flavor notes. VT Rice Base - Honestly I ordered this FOR this recipe and it just worked. It imparts a sweet sticky rice taste and texture to the whole mix. You get that grainy taste and mouthfeel from rice and a sweet undertone. CAP Horchata - Sticking with the rice theme and adding a bit of cinnamon and flair to the recipe as a whole. I tried it higher and it gets to be a bit overpowering for me so I settled at 1.5 on this one to just add that touch of cinnamon evocative of fall. FLV Vanilla Pudding - Brings a creamy mouthfeel to the recipe after a few days steep and knocks off some of the graininess from the Rice Base. Honestly I probably need to bring this down some, but this is more or less my first iteration of this recipe. FA Coco/TPA Coconut Candy - I wanted to add some coconut to this and this is the combo and percentage I settled on. You may or may not taste it, I get it faintly and it helps add some sweetness to the rice base and brighten the recipe a touch. HS Pumpkin Pie - yup. this is the "sweet potato" base. It's what I've got so I can't say much about it. Planning on experimenting with other things here in the future. FA Carmel/FW Butterscotch Ripple - This is my go to combo for a buttery caramel note and it works well here. It adds some darkness and heaviness to the body and gives a buttery undertone. Really helps bring out the pumpkin pie in correlation with the CAP Horchata's cinnamon note. This is very much a work in progress and a bit of a learning experience as well. Any and all criticism or advice is much appreciated.

%
Vendor​
Flavor
(FW)
Butterscotch Ripple
(FA)
Carmel (caramel)
(FA)
Coco' (coconut)
(TPA)
Coconut Candy
(CAP)
Horchata
(HS)
Pumpkin Pie
(VT)
Rice Base
(FLV)
Vanilla Pudding
Total flavoring
: 13.0% Steep Days: 3 (SNV) Best VG: 60% Temperature: 0
This recipe is the property of KingPiggums and released under the CC Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 license. You may not copy, derive or commercialize this recipe without following the terms of this license or the explicit permission of the creator.